I accidentally deleted my blog and had to rebuild it ... so consider this site under construction ... some of the blogs are missing links, pictures and videos ... I am working on correcting everything ... but it will take me a while ...

Friday, January 7, 2011

My Love/Hate Relationship with Zynga ...

So as a gamer that has gotten into everything from Tetris to Halo, Bejeweled to World of Warcraft ... and been known to play for hours on end ... I love the Zynga games ... it gives me something to do as the unemployed boredom sets in ... and you can play them all on different levels ... you can set it up so you have to be there checking on it every 20 minutes to half an hour or you can let it go for two or three days at a time ... or walk away completely for however long and come back and pick up where you left off .. mostly ...

Their games are simple, yet well thought out ... designed to be something you can just do for the hell of it, or be competitive about ... they give you a sense of accomplishment through ribbons, medals and prizes ... for the most part I do like these games ...

I hate that they make you spam your friends in order to accomplish almost anything ... I love that Facebook made it so the friends that really don't care at all can block the applications altogether ... I hate that in pretty much every Zynga application except Farmville the missions, medals, achievements, accomplishments, etc almost require you
to spend real money ... some of them flat out require you to spend real money ... some just make it easier if you do ... I hate that in Frontierville and Cafe World at least you are asked to play other games, less popular ones, in order to get pieces you need to create a needed piece ... like go play Treasure Isle to get your decorations for your Christmas tree in Cafe World ....

I almost wish that Zynga would set up their own social network ... where you know everyone on there wanted to play these games and you weren't annoying anyone with the required spam, etc .... but that won't happen ...

I guess the title sums it up ... I have a love/hate relationship with the games ... but they do help my boredom ...

No comments:

Post a Comment